The PowerTrekk Fuel Cell produces 2.5 watts at 5 volts, and runs for over two hours. With the 5 volts available, PowerTrekk will charge all mobile phones, gps, and cameras, but will only trickle charge higher wattage devices such as iPad or Kindle Fire.
PowerTrekk includes I-Go connector tips for USB, mini, micro, and Apple devices.
PowerTrekk and Pukks are both IEC approved for carry-on luggage on airplanes.
|TECHNICAL INFORMATION||WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS||COMPATIBILITY|
|- USB-compliant output
- Capacity: 9 Wh
- Output voltage: 5V
- Output power: 5 W from battery,
2.5 W from battery and fuel cell
- Energy in cartridge: 4 Wh (nominal)
- Internal buffer: 1500 mAh, 3.7 V, 5.6 Wh
LxBxH: 127x66.5x45 mm
Weight: 244 g
Height: 20 mm
Diam: 50.8 mm (2 inch)
Weight: 33 g (nominal)
Your Mobile Charger – How to Run it
1. Remove tray system and insert fuel pack into fuel compartment of your PowerTrekk mobile charger
2. Fill-up water compartment (approx. one tablespoon) and close lid
3. Re-attach tray system to your mobile charger
4. Connect electronic device to the PowerTrekk, using USB-A connector
5. A mobile charge will start automatically
6. While in use, PowerTrekk indicates state of operation. Once your mobile charger is in shutdown mode, remove used fuel pack
PowerTrekk uses eco-friendly fuel cell technology which cleanly and efficiently converts hydrogen into electricity. The ability to simply insert a PowerPukk fuel pack and add water provides users instant and limitless power on the go.
Unlike solar chargers, fuel cell power is generated quickly (no waiting for sun harvesting) and reliably (speed of charging not impacted by weather, solar position etc. and no power degradation like batteries).
At the heart of PowerTrekk is myFC’s proprietary FuelCellSticker technology. Made from foils and adhesives, these FuelCellStickers form a flexible assembly less than 2.75mm thick. Since the hydrogen fuel can be supplied from several alternative sources, the system is “flexifuel”.
The fuel cell inside PowerTrekk is a completely passive system. Without fans or pumps, the fuel cell silently converts hydrogen into electricity via its Proton Exchange Membrane.
The chemistry process is safe, controllable and eco-friendly, and the only bi-product from the fuel cell is a little water vapor. To operate, hydrogen must be supplied to the fuel cell, and the fuel cell must be exposed to the open air.
The fuel cell charger is electronic waste and will be part of an industry program for recycling. The fuel pack is part of an industry program for reusing its materials and is made of coated can materials which prevent corrosion and leakage of chemicals.
PowerTrekk and PowerPukk meet industry security standards and can be brought on an airplane passenger cabin.